The Board of Directors has declared 50% quarterly Interim dividend i.e. Re.1/- per share of Rs. 2/- value.
This is the 35th continuous quarter for dividend.
HCL Infosystems India’s premier ICT System Integration, Services, Hardware and Distribution Company today announced its financial results for the third quarter ending March 31st 2012.
Mr. Harsh Chitale, Chief Executive Officer, HCL Infosystems Limited, commenting on the results said, “I am happy to announce that, after a slow period of almost four quarters, this quarter we have seen some positive movement in large contracts with enterprise and government sector customers. Towards the end of the quarter, we were awarded an LOI for a large MSP contract to act as the managed services provider for the prestigious UIDAI Project. We have also achieved robust growth and expansion in our IT services segments. I am also happy to note that our journey of transformation has now taken concrete shape through enablement of the company wide excellence program ‘Aspire’.
Key Updates and Quarter Snapshot
- Computer Systems segment registered strong growth across different verticals. The government segment, a part of our enterprise business recorded an impressive performance on the back of some major wins –
- HCL Infosystems was awarded the LOI for Managed Service Provider (MSP) from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)
- The company won a Rs. 250 crore plus order from Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd. (ELCOT) under a project to provide 2 lakh units of Laptops to government and state aided schools and colleges across the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Apart from the government segment, the non government verticals of the company also registered growth in IT-ITES, Utilities, BFSI, etc
- In the BFSI segment the company bagged multiple orders from institutions such as RBI, Syndicate Bank, Central Bank of India, Axis Bank, Bank of India, South Indian Bank and Exim Bank
- The company won Financial Inclusion projects from UCO Bank and Central Bank of India. The business also won a Services Surveillance order from the Shriram Group
- The company bagged significant IT services orders from Reliance Industries and Indian Oil Corporation
- In the utility segment the company won a ERP hardware project from Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Limited (HPSEBL)
- The company’s OA Business won various orders from Gujarat Informatics Ltd., Delhi University, Durg Police, Pearson, Broadcasting Media Equipment Ltd., Spice BPO, ANZ Technology Services Bangalore, L&T Mumbai and Aviva Life Insurance among others.
- Our distribution business added many new partners such as Maxell, Asder, Lexibook, DeLonghi and Eureka Forbes-Eurodiya and has expanded its footprint in the rural and tier 3 and 4 towns in India.
- Our cloud computing business also registered robust growth of 150% QoQ. New Customers gained by the business included Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd, Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, Thiess India, Shell Lubricants, South Indian Bank, Narayana Hrudayalaya and IIM Bangalore among others. The business also launched new services and established new partnerships with leading industry players like Google and Microsoft.
- Our Learning Business has also been registering good growth and we booked over 3300 classrooms for our digi-school solutions in the quarter, this represents growth in terms of classrooms of 300% QoQ. Some of the educational institutes across the country where HCL Learning have partnered this quarter are State Bank of India Officers’ Association Education Trust, (Chennai & Coimbatore), Delhi Public School, Bokaro and St. Paul’s School, Darjeeling
- The Mobility Business expanded bagged new enterprise customers including Sunpharma, Intas, Qmax, Glenmark, Education Initiative, Edelweiss, Cleartrip, Royal Images, American Power Conversion, SIO Health Care among others. The Mobility business also recently did a successful launch of a new addition to the tablet range – ME TAB U1 based on the latest Android 4.0.3 (Ice-cream Sandwich)
- HCL Infosystems MEA, the company’s subsidiary based out of Dubai added new customers like Department of Finance, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah Municipality, Danzas, DEWA (Dubai Electricity & Water Authority), DP World, Sharjah Civil Aviation, DHA (Dubai Health Authority), Union National Bank, Abu Dhabi, Mashraf Al Rayan, Qatar, CGC, Qatar, Niti Computers, Africa among others. Our subsidiary in Singapore has signed up a 5 year managed services engagement for providing infrastructure managed service to multiple IDA agencies in Singapore.
- HCL Infosystems also started its operations in Qatar which will address the System Integration, Services & IT support needs of companies across verticals in this region. As part of the new operations, HCL Infosystems has set up a partnership with Dyarco International WLL, a leading business consultancy in Qatar and a subsidiary of the Al Faisal Holding.
Awards and Accolades
- HCL Infosystems was ranked as No. 1 in IT Services Customer Survey by the prestigious DQ CMR CSA Award
- HCL Learning wins a few awards:
- Bloomberg|UTV B-School Excellence awards to Institute Management Systems(IMS) for “Best Cloud Based Education Institute Management System”
- Star News National Education Awards to Digischool for “Best ICT Enabled Content for K12 Education”
- Star News National education Awards to Digicampus for “Best Technology BASED Solutions for Higher Education Institutes”
- The prestigious Jury Award at the 7th eINDIA awards for the Best Open and Distance Learning Practices in Higher education for Xcelerate (Xcelerate is a joint initiative between HCL & Resonance) program
About HCL Infosystems
HCL Infosystems Ltd, with revenue (LTM) of US$ 2.4 billion (Rs 10,754 crores) is India’s premier hardware, services and ICT systems integration company offering a wide spectrum of ICT products that includes Computing, Storage, Networking, Security, Telecom, Imaging and Retail. HCL is a one-stop-shop for all the ICT requirements of an organisation. India’s leading System Integration and Infrastructure Management Services Organisation, HCL has specialised expertise across verticals including Telecom, BFSI, eGovernance & Power. HCL has India’s largest distribution and retail network, taking to market a range of Digital Lifestyle products in partnership with leading global ICT brands, including Apple, Cisco, Ericsson, Kingston, Kodak, Konica Minolta, Microsoft, Nokia, Toshiba, and many more. HCL today has India’s largest vertically integrated computer manufacturing facility with over three decades of electronic manufacturing experience & HCL desktops is the largest selling brand into the enterprise space. With India’s largest ICT services network that reaches to every corner of India, HCL’s award winning Support Services makes it the preferred choice of enterprise and consumers, alike. For more information please visit us at www.hclinfosystems.in
HCL is a $6.2 billion leading global technology and IT enterprise comprising two companies listed in India – HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems. Founded in 1976, HCL is one of India’s original IT garage start-ups. A pioneer of modern computing and a transformational enterprise, HCL’s diverse range of hardware and software offerings span a wide array of focused industry verticals. The HCL team consists of 90,000 professionals of diverse nationalities, who operate from 31 countries including over 500 points of presence in India. For more on HCL, please visit www.hcl.com